In my opinion, ASUS routers are the perfect blend of capable hardware and feature-rich software, thanks to the ASUSWRT firmware which comes stock on most models. The goal of this project is to fix issues and bring some minor functionality adjustments to the original Asus firmware.
- We hope you have now an explicit knowledge about how to unlock the download stock firmware bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and flash Android 10 AOSP ROM on your Max Pro M1.
- This process erases all data like photos, contacts, and apps, etc on your Android phone.
- While the stock Asuswrt firmware contains basic VPN capabilities, Merlin gives you total control over your VPN setup.
- Now connect your phone to the Computer using a USB Cable.
All Asus routers — including the router unit of the company’s home mesh systems — have to offer. In a mesh system, only traditional Tri-band hardware — those with an additional 5GHz band — can have a dedicated backhaul band without ostracizing clients of the same band.
- First of all, you need to download the official stock ROM from the above-given link to flash your device.
- Zenfone is the most popular series of Asus smartphone, and if you have one of them, you can now download Asus Zenfone Flash tool from the links provided below.
- Consequently, they all share what I call the core features.
- After hitting a key when it prompts you to, it will reboot your phone to its bootloader.
- Once extracted, you can get all the firmware files, such as boot.img, system.img, vbmeta.img among others can be flashed via adb commands.
- Download Official Stock Firmware Flash File For Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 .
You would also need USB driver for your specific Zenfone device for it to run successfully. We are providing all the versions of ASUS flash tool. Step 12- Hit on the start button to start the ASUS firmware flashing process. It allows you to backup the user-installed apps from the device and save them on the computer.
Make sure to check the ROM’s forum post for user-discussions and reviews before flashing the ROM. Follow these steps to flash your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android phone with flash tool. One of the first ROMs made available for the Max Pro M2, Arrow is an AOSP-based custom firmware which has only the most necessary features and tweaks. The ROM has taken features and essential elements from other ROMs like LineageOS, OmniROM, and DirtyUnicorns, and optimized them for the Max Pro M2. When the first builds were out back in February 2019, Havoc had some major issues on the Zenfone Max Pro M2. Things like jittery touch response, random OS freezes & restarts, unstable VoLTE, etc., made the ROM less than stable for daily use.